River Wye Canoeing and Kayaking
Whilst canoeing or kayaking on the River Wye you will experience breathtaking views and sights with plenty of places to stop and great riverside campsites. We have been offering canoeing and kayaking on the River Wye for many years and know all the best places to paddle, to camp, to stay, eat and drink. We use Old Town canoes and Fatyak and Perception kayaks.
Canoe Hire River Wye
Canoeing on the River Wye is a fantastic activity for any kind of group from family adventure holidays to hen parties, stag weekends and corporate team building events. We hire canoes on the River Wye from Glasbury to Chepstow servicing all sections between. We also offer multiple hire days for groups that would like the option of camping next to the River Wye.
What do we offer?
We offer half-day, full-day and multi day trips on the River Wye from a range of fantastic locations. The map above gives a good overview of where we can launch and land along the River Wye so you can plan your trip.
Suggested Itinerary: (2-day Example)
- Day One
- Arrive at starting point
- Meet the team / River Wye safety brief (See code of conduct)
- Get into your boat
- Stop for riverside picnic
- Arrive at River Wye campsite
- BBQ or Pub Dinner
- Day Two
- Get back on the River Wye
- Stop for break along the way
- Arrive at the finish in time for Sunday lunch!
- Transport back to the start / finish (included)
What is included?
- Full Event Management and Instruction
- Canoe or kayak
- Buoyancy Aid
- River Wye Map
- Dry Bag or Barrels
- Transport to the start or pick up at the finish
We have a wide range of canoes and kayaks to suit all levels of paddlers. We use sit on top kayaks, closed cockpit kayaks and Old Town Canoes.
What locations are availble?
- Brecon Beacons
- Glasbury (Powys / Wales)
- Hay On Wye (Powys / Wales)
- Hereford (Herefordshire / England)
- Holme Lacy (Herefordshire / England)
- Hoarwithy (Herefordshire / England)
- Ross On Wye (Herefordshire / England)
- Symonds Yat (Herefordshire / England)
- Monmouth (Monmouthshire / Wales)
- Redbrook (Monmouthshire / Wales)
- Tintern (Monmouthshire / Wales)
What should I wear?
- Suitable outdoor clothing depending on weather conditions
- Trainers or walking shoes that lace up
- All technical equipment is provided
How long should I allow for this experience?
- Full and Half Day session are available
When does the activity take place?
- All year round depending on weather conditions
Are there any restrictions?
- There are no restrictions but anyone with medical conditions must declare these before booking as no refund will be given. If you’re unsure about your medical condition or abilities, always consult your doctor before booking this activity.
- Minimum 2 Adults (Never boat alone!)
- Half Day sessions £20 per person
- Full Day sessions £25 per person
- Camping groups £30 per person